Just a few steps from Palazzo Belfiore in an 14th Century ex-convent just next to Ponte Vecchio and Palazzo Pitti, we have the privilege of offering this quaint apartment named after Anna Maria Luisa de’ Medici: Electress Palatine and last scion of the House of Medici. A patron of the arts, she bequeathed the Medici’s large art collection, including the contents of the Uffizi Museum, Palazzo Pitti and all of the Medicean villas, and her Palatine treasures, all of which she inherited upon her brother Gian Gastone’s death in 1737, to the Tuscan state on the condition that no part of it could be removed from “the Capital of the grand ducal state”, Florence. The apartment bearing her name is a 75 square meter space situated on the ground floor with its own independent entrance and is divided into a ground floor and an upper mezzanine floor.
The ground floor offers a lovely entrance area with a closet and opens into a large sitting and dining room with big windows which allow an incredible amount of light into the apartment. Antique furniture makes the atmosphere very cosy as does an original ceramic stove. The apartment’s sitting room area also offers a comfortable and easy-to-use double sofa bed, and in a separate room you find a fully-equipped kitchen with its own window. The mezzanine holds a sleeping area with one king-size bed (or two single beds upon request), a walk-in closet and a second closet as well as a full bathroom with shower and its own window. This apartment is ideal for couples or two to four co-travelers, and also for families with two or three children.